Indirect bath heaters have a wide variety of successful applications in the oil and gas production, processing and transmission industry. Some of the most common applications include:
- Gas dew point heating: high pressure natural gas heating upstream pressure regulation stations preventing condensation phenomena due to the joule-Thomson effect;
- Heating of high pressure natural gas upstream pressure regulation in order to prevent external icing formation
- Fuel gas super heating upstream turbines
- Gas heating downstream low temperature storages
- Hydrate prevention;
- Viscosity reduction: crude oil heating upstream treatments to facilitate degassing .